Repeating what we wrote two years ago... *
1969 was memorable, full of news and momentous events.
- The New York Jets upset the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III January 12 after Joe Namath guarantees the Jets will win.
- Richard M. Nixon is inaugurated 37th President of the US (Jan. 20).
- The United States, USSR, and about 100 other countries sign the nuclear nonproliferation treaty.
- 27-year-old Colonel Muammar al-Qaddafi deposes King Idris of Libya and establishes a pro-Arabic, anti-Western, Islamic republic.
- Kathy and Brian get married June 19.
- Sen. Edward M. Kennedy pleads guilty to leaving scene of fatal accident at Chappaquiddick, Mass. (July 18) in which Mary Jo Kopechne was drowned—gets two-month suspended sentence.
- Apollo 11 astronauts—Neil A. Armstrong and Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr., —take first walk on the Moon (July 20).
- The New York Mets - the "Miracle Mets" - upset the Baltimore Orioles 4 games to 1 in the World Series, winning their fourth game at Shea Stadium October 15.
How 43 years can fly by!
*Thanks for reminding us of the Jets and Mets wins that allow us to record some additional good news, Dennis.